A page with random thoughts, deep questions, personal info, and just about anything else that pops into my head.

Monday, January 28, 2008

orange?...hmmm....

Orange isn't my favorite color, I don't really dislike it either, it just kinda exists for me.

I remember one time as a kid, just sitting there eating my carrot sticks in the lunch room, and my fingers had a bit of an orangish tint to them. One of the older kids told me that I would slowly begin to turn completely orange, and that it was irreversible. Everyone told me that it was a lie, but I secretly thought about it until my fingers turned back to their normal color.

This year, in my apartment of 6 of the most "funnest" girls I have ever met, we decided to have a jack-o-lantern for Halloween. One of the girls doesn't like them, so we decided to surprise her with a pumpkin with her favorite sesame street character carved into it, Elmo. I came up with the design, it was really cute!




The only other orange memory I have is my campus in the fall. If anyone has ever seen SIUE in the fall, you will know what I am talking about. It is B-E-A-UTIFUL! It makes it just an awesome place to be with trails to walk, and hills and things to play on. It is just relaxing after spending hours in a small, plain white practice room!

2 Comments:

Blogger Dirty Gypsy said...

Alli: Glad to see that you've jumped on the color-blogging bandwagon with us. (And congrats on donating blood - that couldn't have been to easy to get over.)

11:07 PM

 
Blogger Joan said...

One of these days, I would like to get creative with a Jack-o-lantern. But I've never been that skilled with a knife. Sadly, we never did carve the pumpkins we got last fall. Maybe next year...

2:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home